The so-called castle Neu-Falkenstein was built in the mid-14th century, builders were the lords of Bolanden-Falkenstein. Presumably, the new facility was in close proximity to Burg Nüring, which was built in the 11th century. The castle Falkenstein was mentioned for the first time in the year 1364 - in the realm war against Philipp VI. from Falkenstein.
From the end of the 14th century, the plant changed hands many times and came in the early 17th century in the possession of the Lord of Staffel.
After the end of the Thirty Years' War, it lost importance and thus their fate was sealed. Although it was still inhabited until about 1780 by the Lords of Bettendorf, but then gradually stopped. So today's entrance gate is just a reconstruction.
In 1945, the community Falkenstein owner of the plant. Since the castle lacks an infrastructure: there is no running water and no sanitary facilities, it can only be used to a limited extent. The men's singing club Falkenstein, who uncovered the cellar in the castle ruins, celebrates his summer party at the castle once a year.
October 16, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!