The corner tower of the city wall was built in 1390 from basalt blocks and was cleverly planned as a mill tower. On the ground floor was formerly a dungeon, which was rebuilt as a bag store. Until 1907, the mill was still in operation, but was then destroyed by a storm.
After a restoration, an electric motor for driving the wings was installed, which can be put into operation today by the insertion of a coin.
September 11, 2017
The mill, built between 1380 and 1400, also served as a defense tower with a dungeon on the ground floor, which was only accessible through an opening in the ceiling. In 1873 the wall was breached (235 cm thick) in order to install a door and use the former dungeon as a flour storage room.
June 6, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!