Welcome to the Zschoner Mühle cultural and monumental property!
The Zschoner Mühle starts the 2019 season on April 6th. On this day we open the “MühlenMahlzeit” restaurant.
In addition, we invite you to shop in a natural way from our purveyor to the court, Vorwerk Podemus. Our very special recommendation for city dwellers who want to combine culture, food and shopping.
In addition, from spring 2019 we will be offering five caravanning pitches for camping enthusiasts and travel enthusiasts in natural surroundings, not far from the sights of the Saxon state capital.
May 1, 2019
The origins of the Zschonermühle probably date back to the 15th century. In 1570 the miller Gregor Götze told Elector August that the mill had been owned by his late wife's family for over 150 years. The current building structure was rebuilt (probably after a fire) in 1730, as evidenced by the name on the gable of the main house. In 1812 the mill became the property of the Kunze family. Daniel Gottfried Kunze names an inscription plate above the main house as the new owner. The Zschonermühle also developed into a popular excursion restaurant at the end of the 19th century. August Bebel, who spoke to Dresden workers in the bar garden, was one of the mill visitors at the time. Grinding was finally stopped in 1917, but the grinding technology was retained. After the end of the Second World War, the inn was closed. The last mill owner of the Kunze family left a dilapidated mill estate after his death in 1984. However, the first backup work was carried out in the 1980s. After a sale, the gradual reconstruction of the property was carried out in line with the listed monuments. In 1991, a new oversized water wheel with a diameter of 6 meters and an output of six horsepower was installed. The reconstructed grinder was put into operation in 1994. Today the mill is used as a restaurant, museum and for various events (cabaret with theater, cinema and puppet show).
May 31, 2020
A mill ditch with its riflemen is the harbinger of the Zschoner mill. In 1917 the milling operation was stopped and in 1950 the catering was stopped. After decades of decline, reconstruction and restoration work began in 1985. What began back then as a private initiative by Thomas Winkler is now associated with a diverse cultural offering, enthusiasm for mill technology and culinary delights. The mill is fully functional again and has been originally restored. In May 1991 the largest functioning overshot waterwheel in Saxony with a diameter of 6.20 meters was installed. Today the Zschoner Mühle presents itself as a restaurant with romantic dining rooms and a shady beer garden, a mill museum and a cultural courtyard. From here you can take a detour up to Podemus.
May 17, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!