The St. Agidius cave chapel with the adjoining restaurant, which was set up in a half-timbered building from 1785, is now a popular destination for walks and excursions. The single-nave quarry stone building with retracted choir was built in the late 18th century and mentioned as a chapel of a hermitage (hermitage). After the hermit's death, a leper house was built on this site. Processions to the chapel have been documented since 1747 to invoke St. Aegidius as one of the fourteen helpers in need. Aegidius is especially the patron of nursing mothers.
January 29, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.