Today's Evangelical City Church emerged from the chapel of the Neviges court of the Lords of Hardenberg, which was mentioned in 1220. In 1391 it was mentioned as a parish church dedicated to Saint Margarethe. In 1572 the Reformation was introduced to the church.The oldest part of the church is the Gothic choir room from the 15th century with a 5/8 closing. In 1697 a new west tower was placed in front of the church and from 1740 to 1746 the medieval nave was replaced by a new building in Gothic style with wooden barrel vaults and three two-part windows on the long sides.A fundamental renovation of the church began in 2013.
June 8, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.