The Ostkastel Welzheim in the Rems-Murr-Kreis, with its open-air grounds of an archaeological park, offers the ideal location for communicating Roman history on your own doorstep. The reconstructions and stone sculptures complete the information signs for a perfect introduction to Roman everyday life. In addition, the visit to the Ostkastell during an event can become a time travel to the Roman era.
Inform yourself on this page about the pearl of Roman culture in the middle of the Germanic forests of the Swabian Forest Nature Park.
May 1, 2016
The "Archaeological Park Ostkastell" is located in Welzheim in the Rems-Murr-Kreis, Baden-Württemberg.- a fort on the Upper German Limes
- the "Ostkastell" was a "numerus fort"
- "Open air museum"
- reconstructions and stone sculptures, e.g. the west gate was reconstructed in its original size
- From May to October the gate towers are also open every Sunday and public holiday
- s. also: schwaebischerwald.com/index.php?id=582
- more pictures: komoot.de/highlight/846654
October 3, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!