Bike Touring Highlight
Salzburg is the starting point of the relatively new long-distance cycle path "Alpe Adria Radweg". The city of Salzburg has already been named the most bicycle-friendly city in Austria several times. Cyclists are welcome here and the advantages of the bicycle are appreciated. So there is a perfect infrastructure and a well-developed network of cycle paths for all cycling enthusiasts.
Worth mentioning are:
- More than 170 kilometers of attractive cycle paths with 900 signs
- 23 “worthwhile” bike routes through the city
- 5,500 parking spaces
- Free self-service stations with tool assembly stands, lubricating oil and compressed air for emergencies
- 83 one-way streets may be used in the opposite direction
- Bicycle-friendly hotels in all categories (some with rental bicycles)
More information on:
June 14, 2016
Salzburg is a very bike-friendly city, especially on the Salzach you can cycle well.
More information: de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salzach and de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salzburg#Sehensw%C3%BCrdbaren
July 17, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.