The Rammelfanger Castle - built around 1850 by Ernst Dusartz de VigneullesAfter a fire in 1847 in the castle built by de Koeler in today's Weingartstraße, Ernst Dusartz de Vigneulles built the castle in today's Landstraße in the 1850s. It consists of a residential building and two farm buildings, grouped around the courtyard in a horseshoe shape. The finished lock was measured in September 1857. Ernst Dusartz de Vigneulles was the mayor of Rammelfangen from 1857 until his death on May 9th, 1871. His nephew Nikolaus inherited the entire property, sold the smaller estate in Mellich in the Eifel and moved with his wife and 3 children to Rammelfangen in 1873. In 1888 he was a member of the district council as a representative of the large landowners. He was able to destroy the castle and the farmyard due to several adverse circumstances such as the long, severe winter of 1891, food shortages due to drought in 1893 and a devastating storm on July 28, 1895 during the hail and rain on the Rammelfanger ban ¾ the harvest. In 1905 Adam Rupp from Oberlimberg bought the castle with part of the land and moved into this castle with the 7 orphans of his brother. After the Second World War, Rammelfangen was largely destroyed by the "reconstruction". People had to move closer together. In addition to the Rupp family, the castle provided a home for other families until their own houses were rebuilt from the rubble. After an extensive renovation in 2018 by the new owner, the castle appears again in new splendor. Source: Text information board
August 28, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!