On wednesday 14.08.19 we were in Ahn (Luxembourg) for the 3 times hiking :-)This trail really has everything that makes us enjoy hiking and is one of the most beautiful hiking trails on the southern wine Mosel!We walk through vineyards, enjoy the beautiful views of Ahn and the Moselle, go through many hedge tunnels past rocks.
Narrow paths, forest paths, wild-growing box trees and wide vineyard paths alternate constantly.
Our personal highlight was
the Donverbach Gorge.- very impressive !!!
The stream is crossed several times on large and small stones which was not a big challenge for us in the weather, but in the rain it would be very difficult.
And for the first time we have seen these wuschigen cattle :-)We started in the wine village Ahn at the cultural center.
3 days ago
Day 7 of the hiking holiday :-)
and our last day but we will be back!We started on 11.08.19 in Bollendorf at the bridge.
On the cross-border rock path (Germany / Luxembourg) 2, one highlight hunts the other:
- Passage "Mandrack" (Manuel Andrack). The passage between the rocks of Kalekopp is only about 40 cm wide in the shoulder area. There is no bypass of the passage, it is only backwards or forwards and if you do not want to get stuck, take off the best backpack and go through the side.
- Beaufort Castle (entrance fee)
- Waterfall with Kalktuffhöhle at the tear lair
- Bizarre and spectacular rock worlds like the Green Hell
- u.v.m. there is to see ...The Felsenweg 2 is a beautiful, varied and demanding circular route.
The slopes have it all. You will be compensated by a wonderful landscape, impressive rocks / passages and a ruined castle. When planning should be considered, not too late to start because you need time if you want to look at everything in peace.
We have already done the tour 2 years ago and we still like it very much!
3 days ago
Day 5 from the hiking holiday :-)
On 09.08.19 we started again in Vianden.
Since the 4 + 5 route runs a little bit together to Burg Waldhof-Falkenstein (private property)
and we did not look at the round 4 with vantage point Waldhof-Falkenstein on Monday and I wanted to get that, we made the following:
after the castle Waldhof-Falkenstein instead of grad we are left down on the route 4 to the viewpoint.
Enjoy viewpoints :-), continue the route and meet again on the Route 5 directly at the castle and can thus make the round :-)
Would walk at any time so again.Highlights:- Medieval cityscape Vianden with its beautiful castle
- Alpine feeling on the ridge on Lätgesberg with beautiful views
- Reservoir Vianden
(Lower basin of the pumped storage power plant)
- Falkenstein Castle (private property)
Booklet to the viewpoint Waldhof-Falkenstein with a view of the Ourschleife
3 days ago