The ruin of the Marienkapelle is the former castle chapel of Hohenberneck Castle. It is located on the Schlossberg of Bad Berneck in the Fichtelgebirge between the Old Castle and the ruins Hohenberneck and is freely accessible. In 1478 Veit von Wallenrode was entrusted with the castle stable of the former Walpotenburg as a margrave fief. Already in 1480 the construction of the Marienkapelle was begun, at the latest after five years it was finished. The associated castle was still under construction. In the land register of the office Berneck a faulty roof was already mentioned in 1536, this damage was remedied in the consequence however, as the following entrances prove. In 1692, Magister Johann Will described Hohenberneck Castle as a dull, uninhabited castle . Probably decayed since about this time, the castle chapel as well as the castle. The last borrowing was done in 1739 with the death of Karl Friedrich von Wallenrode, the last borrower.de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marienkapelle_Hohenberneck
February 25, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.