Of ancient origin, it was conquered in 1342 by the Milanese Visconti family and subsequently expanded. In 1532, after the victory of the Confederates over the Milanese, it was largely demolished and of the five towers only one remained. The castle currently houses the Archaeological Museum, which houses a considerable collection of Roman glasses from archaeological excavations in the region, including the famous "Bird's Chalice".
November 1, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.