For the first time, the town hall of the old town in the Mansfeld Chronicle of Cyriacus Spangenberg for 1408 mentioned. It was probably already built around 1300 of stone. After the city fire of 1498, which also destroyed the town hall, a new town hall was founded in 1508 and 1509-1530 built in late Gothic style with elements of the early Renaissance. An Kielbogeninnenportal on the 1st floor bears the inscription 1516; the spolie of the king's head "Knoblauchskönig", probably originating from the predecessor, can be assigned to the end of the 13th century.  In 1531, the roof was covered with copper plates.  In 1532, the external staircase on the north side was completed, but was damaged after the city fire in 1601 and how the north gable had to be renewed. Already in 1582, on the engraving of Hogenberg, the small town hall towers can be seen on the roof; In 1650 Georg Oschätzer apparently carried out a major refurbishment. de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rathaus_(Altstadt_Eisleben)
September 26, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.