Road Cycling Highlight
The village is located about eight kilometers north of the city of Worms directly on the Rhine
The post-war coat of arms of Worms-Rheindürkheim today shows a quartered sign. In the first field in black represents a crowned lion, which is to establish the historical reference to the Palatinate (Palatine Lion). The field below with three silver eagles on a blue background refers to the temporary landlords, the counts of Leiningen. In the heraldic upper left quarter in gold with a blue key crossed by a blue crosier is to remind the high-pin Worms. In the lower left quarter in silver with blue boat hook and a blue scythe refers to the own village tradition.
Traces of settlement of Rheindürkheim and the surrounding area range from the Neolithic to Celtic and Roman traces of settlement.
On October 21, 812, Werner I (Prefect of the East) presented a farmhouse, with a house and two yokes of farmland, the Lorsch Abbey. He was the son-in-law of Adeltrud, married to Count Eberhard (Sieghardinger), who donated four times Ibersheimer goods to the monastery.
In addition to the Electoral Palatinate, the diocese of Worms, the local St. Paul's Abbey and the counts of Leiningen are proving to be masters of the village. Completely destroyed in 1689 in the course of the Palatinate War of Succession, the rebuilt Rheindürkheim 1798 came as the entire left bank of the Rhine to France, was assigned to 1814 part of the department Donnersberg and the canton of Bechtheim. In 1816 she became part of Rheinhessen and belonged to the Grand Duchy of Hesse. In 1848/49, militants, supporters of the Baden revolt and Hessian-Prussian troops fought on the parish line from Rheindürkheim to Bechtheim / Mettenheim. On March 26, 1945, the 45th US Division marched in, ending the NSDAP violence rule. She sat here on the Rhine to the right bank of the Rhine. Rheindürkheim became part of the new state of Rhineland-Palatinate in 1945.de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worms-Rheind%C3%BCrkheim
September 11, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!