This Highlight is in a protected area
Please check local regulations for: Naturpark Teutoburger Wald / Eggegebirge
In 1976 the "Westmünsterländer Hof" was completed with nine buildings from the period 1790 to 1860. The trees served as protection, as drinking water reservoir and as duck pond .... delicious!The Deele is the largest room in the Gräftenhof, a farmhouse from 1787. In a so-called four-storey building animals and humans lived together under one roof. The Deele belongs to the economic sector of the house, here was threshing grain and worked. On special occasions was on the Deele but also celebrated and danced. On both sides, the Deele concludes with aisles, which were divided by shelves, the so-called Hillen. The hens slept in the straw and hay the servants and maids, among the hens were the stables for the cattle.The Flettküche was the heart of every farmhouse. Here was cooked over an open fire, here was eaten and here the family of farmers met to warm up, to tell stories and to do hand or repair work. Above the hearth there is a large chimney, the so-called Bosen, which led the smoke from the fire into the chimney and in which there was enough space to smoke sausages and ham. In the chair next to the fire, the farmer's wife had an excellent place to keep an eye on food, livestock, servants and children.The so-called salon was first added to the older building from 1720 around 1800. The room was originally divided into two bedrooms and a salon, in the museum, especially the salon was reconstructed. This room differs fundamentally from the rest of the style of the house due to the elaborate furniture, the wallpapered walls and the polished oak planks as floor covering. Such rooms were built by wealthy peasants for representative purposes: Here, nobles and high dignitaries were received, which could sleep there if necessary. Today, civil ceremonies take place in the stately home.
October 14, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!