Bike Touring Highlight
The watermill in HeinefeldeThe Heinefelder mill was first mentioned in documents in 1487 because the mill and the estate to which it belonged were sold. All Heinefelde consisted of a large estate. 1511 was the second documentary mention: The estate was sold to the church in Wardenburg and divided into two large "Meier" -houses. One part was called since then "De Möller ton Heinevelde", the second part is the later Aschenbeck yard (today Meyer Oltmann). Until 1832, the owners of the Mühlenhof were called "Müller". The miller of Heinefelde was a "church Meier", i. he had to pay a lot of taxes to the church, and the church still had to agree to various things in the 18th century. Over the centuries, the structure and mill technology have been repeatedly repaired. Between 1860 and 1904, the obsolete wood mechanics were replaced by advanced metal technology. Now hydropower could be used permanently: electricity was generated. Until then, the mill technology only worked in the "flood mode": Only when the then four times as large pond was full, the Scots were drawn to use the energy can. The waterwheel was reconstructed after the model of the "Zuppinger Wasserrad" in 2005. In this mill not only grain was ground to flour and produced electricity, but also many centuries distilled schnapps. There was a bargain - much to the regret of the Wildeshauser schnapps distillers. Originally there were three meal times. Later, a gray run caused feed. To thresh the grain, there was a power transmission over a long wave into the adjoining mill barn, whose foundations are still visible. Here there was a driven by the water wheel Göpel. Since 1994, the mill is privately owned by the Schomburg family. Source: niedersaechsische-muehlenstrasse.de/index.php?id=362
July 24, 2018
The Heinefelder Mühle is located on the Lower Saxony Mill Road. The first mention of it comes from the 15th century. In addition to grinding grain into flour and generating electricity, the mill has also burned grain into grain for centuries.
Today the Heinefelder Mühle is privately owned. The mill can also be visited after consultation with the Stromburg family on 0172 422 48 70.
September 23, 2020
The Heinefeld watermill is located on the Lower Saxony Mühlenstrasse. Inside, exhibits from the mill operation are on display and you might think that the mill is still working.
Unfortunately, we could not enter the mill and could only look through the window.
September 22, 2020
The watermill really deserves the name "Highlight"! Mega-romantic complex with the mill itself, the flowing stream, the lake on the other side of the street, the adjacent buildings and the whole area. Is wonderfully behind the moon and definitely worth a detour! On the lake opposite there is a bench with a nice view where you can rest.
April 18, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.