Bike Touring Highlight
Although there is a footpath on both sides of the bridge, it is a nuisance and when people go over it gets crowded. On the road over the bridge you have to take care with the bike as only one car fits on it and if you are already on the bridge with the bike it often happens that the oncoming car does not wait. This always leads to not so nice situations, unfortunately.
But that should not stop anyone from the NBrücke incorporate in a tour, because she is definitely worth it :)
January 7, 2017
Especially in summer it is wonderful here on the Rhine. In the Gailingen Badi eat a Greek salad, then swiss the Swiss Rhybadi for a ice cream
Or in the Gailinger Badi park (also ideal location for motorhomes!) Although fee-paying!), Then walk over the bridge and look up the historic town of Diessenhofen, then comfortably walk on the footpath directly on the Rhine on the Swiss side upstream, waterproof duffel with Fill clothes and swim back into the Gailinger Badi.
August 10, 2017
The town of Diessenhofen is located on the southern shore of the High Rhine between Stein am Rhein and Schaffhausen and is reflected in its original, medieval structure, which is still preserved today. At the Schifflände the Geisslibach flows into the Rhine. North of the municipality runs the border between Germany and Switzerland.de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diessenhofen
October 23, 2019
Burg Unterhof is located at the landing stage of the shipping company URh. It was used at least until the end of 2014 as a training center and seminar hotel.  It is a restored building in the western part of the city, directly on the Rhine. In the 13th century the Unterhof was a ministerial seat of the Lords of Hettlingen, Zurich ministerial nobility of the kyburgischen followers. - Architectural history:  Founded in 1186 in the western corner of the city, equipped with a tower and a ring wall; 1276-1278 East wing built, 1315-1318 the Palas (dwelling house), 1328 expansion of the cellar. In the Baroque 1680 painting of a hall in the Palas. Reconstruction of parts of the building 1989-1992, where remnants of Gothic murals came to light. In conversions in the south wing 1904 found workers in a wooden raised floor a paper song sheet from the period around 1396, folded in matchbox size, containing two Middle High German minnesongs, which are not otherwise reported, named "Diessenhofener Liederblatt" (see below).de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diessenhofen
October 23, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!