The pilgrimage chapel Liebfrauenheide near Klein-Krotzenburg has its origins in a picture of grace made of wood, depicting the Sorrowful Mother of God Maria. The image, which was made about 1620, was found by shepherds in a hollow oak tree near the deserted village of Dreckshausen. In 1736 a chapel was built on the site, which was demolished in 1755 and rebuilt as a parish church in Rembrücken.
At the instigation of the Bishop of Mainz, Wilhelm Emmanuel von Ketteler, a chapel was built more than a hundred years later and consecrated by him in 1868.
Source: https: //de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebfrauenheide
September 2, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.