Bike Touring Highlight
In 1903 the city park was opened to the public. Formerly this park belonged to the rectory. A new bridge was to lead across the Unstrut into the newly created city park. On April 16, 1904, the municipal budget for the year 1904/1905 enabled the construction of a bridge behind the "Bonifazius parish" at the Pferdeschwemme with the estimated expenses. On August 11, 1904, the town council report reported that the folding-tile manufacturer Hermann Martini would give the city the bricks needed to cover the city-park bridge. The roof was covered with multicolored tiles. The design of the government construction leader Neubert from Sömmerda was approved because of its appealing form and reasonably priced wood execution (1660 Mark without roofing, 2000 Mark with roofing). On September 11, 1904, the city park bridge was inaugurated. The park bridge, as we know it today, already had a three-part roof, with the middle part sticking out over the two outer parts. The Sömmerdaer Stadtparkbrücke was reconstructed in 1987.
August 27, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!