Bike Touring Highlight
denkmal-wuppertal.de/category/denkmal/1871-1918-denkmal/page/7This stone, which stands in a very small green area between Jägerhofstrasse and Freudenberger Strasse, once stood, from 1896, at the entrance to a small grove that August von-der-Heydt had given to the city on April 27, 1896. Von der Heydt Park, which begins opposite, was donated in 1888. Part of the gift was an obelisk worth 7,400 marks, which was erected on May 10, 1896. The occasion was the 25th anniversary of the "Frankfurt Peace". This peace officially ended the Franco-Prussian War of 1870/71 with the cession of territory and high reparation payments for France. The grove was parceled out from 1955/56 and built on with houses for British officers.1
May 9, 2022
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!