The former convent Eichelsdorf is a historic building in the district Eichelsdorf. The time of the edification of the castle is likely to be in the 13th century. In the Peasants' War in 1525 it was partially destroyed, burned and robbed, but not completely destroyed.
During the Renaissance, there was a moat around the castle, which is now used as a garden. For over 130 years it was used as a monastery of St. Alphonsus by the Congregation of the Sisters of the Redeemer in Würzburg.
After a series of changing owners and uses, the castle has been operated as a rehabilitation center since 2010 under the name "Fachklinik Schloss Eichelsdorf".
March 28, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.