The Spornburg was built in 1234 by the Abbey Hersfeld as Amtsburg. 1317 is a Hersfeld bailiff in "Landecke" announced; after that, however, the office was often pledged in the 14th and 15th centuries - most recently to Mainz, from which it was redeemed in 1454. During the Peasants' War in 1525 there was considerable unrest in Hersfeld and the surrounding area. Landgrave Philip of Hesse came to the help of the distressed abbot, defeated the rebellion, and annexed large parts of the imperial abbey to cover his costs, including the Landecker Amt. It probably came at this time to destroy the castle.The remaining wall remains of the ring wall were restored and fortified in 1982.Source: Wikipedia
May 6, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!