"History of the commercial building
In the style of the Weser Renaissance, the building was built on behalf of the Wandschneider from 1619, later it used the Kramer Guild, especially for events. But also state guests stayed here - the most famous was probably Tsar Peter the Great. It was not until the 19th century that the Chamber bought the house, since then it has been called "Gewerbehaus". After the destruction in World War II and the subsequent reconstruction, the Bremen Chamber of Crafts took over the building (1959). Only the portal has been largely preserved in its original state, flanked by Justitia (justice), Minerva (wisdom) and Hercules (force). "Source: bremen-tourismus.de/gewerbehaus
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!