Location. Today's remains of Ludwigsburg or Solitude Allee begin below Solitude Castle. Where the Schlösslesallee crosses the Ludwigsburger Alle. It runs about 500 m downhill parallel to Ludwigsburger Allee, near the Bergheimer Steige towards Stuttgart Weilimdorf.
History: The original avenue connected Solitude Castle with Ludwigsburg. Duke Carl-Eugen had the street built straight ahead regardless of any ownership.
With this he wanted to demonstrate his power.
The driveway to Solitude Castle was reserved only for the court. After 1789 the road was hardly used anymore and the driveway was neglected, so that it became a simple country road and also became forested.
August 2, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.