Georg Wilhelm of Brandenburg-Bayreuth had the lake Brandenburger set up in St. Georgen am See and Döhlau the Döhlauer dig from the Warm Steinach derived to feed him. On the lake, also called "Brandenburger Weiher", sea battles with vessels up to 18 meters in length were made in the 18th century.Numerous mills were operated with the water of the Warm Steinach. The walk mill in Bayreuth Laineck district was created before 1728 as a marble mill and is still in operation as a cutting mill. In Mittlernhammer near Sophienthal  and at Döhlauer Graben in Friedrichsthal, there are small privately operated hydroelectric power stations.
Source and more information
December 4, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.