The Jakobus railing yard stood at this point until 1841.The last owner, Wilhelm Heinrich Kurtz, auctioned the building for demolition and then emigrated to America with his family of eleven. On an old map from 1803 it is referred to as the "Jakobugelehnter Hof". Over the years the name became Jakobusgeländer Hof. The name of the property indicates a relationship with the Jakobuskirche in Freiendiez.
March 20, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!