The Blue Court (also known as the New Palace) was mentioned for the first time in 1544 as a Freihof. Right at the beginning of the First World War, Emperor Franz Joseph ordered that the Blue Court be used as a hospital. During the occupation after the Second World War, the Blue Court was a command post of the Red Army. Today neither the dining room wing nor the palace theater are open to the public; they are managed by the IIASA and used as a conference center.
March 6, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!