Hiking Highlight (Segment)
Towards the end of the 13th century, separate city fortifications were built around the city council and the cathedral city. These fortifications were rebuilt in massive construction in the 15th century and the town fortification of the citizen city was extended with a rampart, an inner wall with 18 towers, a moat and an outer wall with 16 towers. The city wall was demolished in 1835 with the introduction of applied throughout Prussia Stein's town plan in large parts. Along the former weir system, a ring road was built, which still surrounds the city center today. Of the former city fortifications are about 1.5 km city wall in the south and east of the city, the Marientor, the so-called "Landskrone" on Jakobsring / corner Wenzelsring and the "water art" on Wenzelsring obtained.
Source and further information: naumburg.de/de/sehen-und-erleben/stadtbefestigungsanlage-stadtmauer.html
August 11, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!