The magnificent Baroque Way of the Cross with the 13 station chapels and the main chapel of the 12th station was built between 1731 and 1748. Initiator and builder was Abbot Robert Leeb, who had this Way of the Cross created in memory of his pilgrimage to the Holy Land
September 9, 2017
The Calvary is located northeast of the monastery. 37 baroque sandstone statues (sculptor Josef Schnitzer) and 14 chapels with reliefs line the tree-lined Stations of the Cross leading to the main chapel. This is dedicated to the crucifixion of Jesus.
and more details can be found here ->
August 11, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!