Glücksbrunn Palace and Park:
In the heyday of cobalt and copper slate mining in
The mine owner and spa
Saxon Councilor Johannes Friedrich Trier from Dresden built the palace as a mansion in 1703.
The castle park, initially as a pleasure garden in France
Style laid out, was later converted into an "English garden". In 1706, Duke Ernst Ludwig von Sachsen-Meiningen gave the mine and thus also this listed ensemble the name "Glücks-Bronn". (... from information panel)
January 11, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.