Road Cycling Highlight
The memorial tower to the Battle of Großbeeren 1813 is a 32 -meter-high, listed building in Großbeeren, a community-free community in the northern part of the district Teltow-Fläming (Brandenburg). It was built for the 100th anniversary of the victorious Battle of Großbeeren and inaugurated on 23 August 1913. He is considered the landmark of the place.
On the northern façade, the builders attached the inscription above a battle scene with a horse: "Here on August 23, 1813, the French army was defeated by the Prussian troops under General von Bülow. The victory saved Berlin from impending French occupation. "
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!