Mountain Biking Highlight
One of the most beautiful churches in the valley is the baroque parish and pilgrimage church in Bartholomäberg, consecrated to St. Bartholomew. The foundation stone for this church was laid on May 26th, 1729 by pastor Johann Franz Marent. The inauguration was on June 6, 1743 under Bishop Benedikt von Rost from Chur. Bartholomäberg was the first parish in the Montafon around 1100. The oldest and most valuable art treasure in the church is the Romanesque lecture cross from 1150. A duplicate is on display in the parish church of Bartholomäberg.
November 27, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!