"... In 1692 the burger waiter's records of Schleifkotten des Zensis zu Überfeld (located on the Diepmannsbach below Ueberfeld, today on the left side of the A1 motorway northbound) appear as a hammer mill. 1750 is referred to as a Schleifkotten. Between 1750 and 1828 it is sold to a Reinshagen. Before it was still known as the "lowest Froweinsmühle". The "Reinshagenshammer" is run by Josua Neuhaus zu Schmitzhalbach in 1828. The Kotten is equipped with an overshot water wheel and two grindstones, but not in daily use due to lack of water , from May to November only with one stone. ... "
Further information on the history of the Reinshagenshammer:
November 16, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!