Castle Hochnaturns towers about one kilometer above Naturno. Once there was a Romanesque tower, which was later rebuilt in medieval style. In the middle of the 13th century, the Oswald Tower was built, named after Knight Oswald von Naturns, Knight of the Teutonic Order. Since then Burg Hochnaturns was the seat of the Herren von Naturns.
The conversion to the hotel leaves the original outline of the castle unfortunately only guess. Hochnaturns Castle, listed as a historical monument since 1950, is privately owned and can not be visited.
June 12, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!