Bike Touring Highlight
View from Schärding to Neuhaus Castle
The Neuhaus Palace is located in Neuhaus am Inn, directly on the border to Austria on the banks of the Inn.
In the 14th century it was built by the Bavarian dukes to protect the bridge Inn of Schärding on a rock. 1750 to 1752 was the conversion in the style of the Rococo, after assumption of a chronicler by master builder Johann Michael Fischer. The client was Hofkammer president Ferdinand Reichsgraf of the election.
The former Gothic moated castle burnt down in 1724, was built in 1752 in the Baroque style, expanded in 1900 with church and right wing and is now a convent and secondary school of the English Miss.
July 9, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!