Burgruine Tosters

Hiking Highlight

Created by komoot users
Recommended by 16 out of 17 hikers

Tips

  • Marcel

    Great view of Feldkirch and the neighboring Liechtenstein. With children also relaxed barbecue by the fire possible.

    translated byView Original
    • October 15, 2017

  • Christian

    "The entire area of ​​Tostner Castle is a listed and nature protected private property of the home care and museum association Feldkirch.It is not a public barbecue or storage area, no playground and no climbing or the like. The stay on this castle area happens in absolute personal responsibility of the visitors and is only allowed:on revocation daily from 07.00 - 21.00 clock.The best possible consideration is to be paid to flora and fauna. Any contamination or damage will be punished by the police as property damage. Everything that can disturb this unique place of peace and tranquility is invariably to be avoided. Violation can result in a referral or closure of the entire system.For group stays of 10 people or more, you must apply early to obtain a permit from the owner.Owner: Heimatpflege- und Museumsverein Feldkirch, Tel. 05522/71 982 "Source: Information board

    translated byView Original
    • July 10, 2018

  • Christian

    "The castle was first built in 1260 and was first owned by the Counts of Montfort and was owned by Fürstenberg in 1362. It was acquired by the city of Feldkirch in 1389 and pledged to the Counts of Toggenburg in 1405. In 1405 the castle became part of the Appenzell Wars The Palas was then re-habitable and used until the 16th century, when it was raised to the city of Feldkirch on a toggenburgic pledge by Duke Friedrich of Tyrol and returned to the city of Feldkirch, where it became the property of several aristocratic families and was often pledged The underage Max Fürst von Hohenberg inherited the ruins from the property of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria-Este in 1915. The castle was acquired by HH Pastor Dr. Josef Häusle from his possession and sold to the Heimatpflege- und Museumsverein Feldkirch in 1935. It followed Restoration and clearing work in the years 1938 and 1954. Under the direction of Ing. Karl Pucher in 1980 a renewal carried out on a larger scale. "Source: Information board

    translated byView Original
    • July 10, 2018

In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!

Best Hikes to Burgruine Tosters

Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.

  • Easy
    00:52
    1.88 mi
    2.2 mph
    250 ft
    250 ft
Location: Rankweil, Feldkirch, Vorarlberg, Austria

Information

  • Elevation550 m

Weather Forecast - Rankweil