The Dominican nunnery was first mentioned in 1293 as a foundation of the Weida bailiffs.
The originally Romanesque church building was made of quarry stone and received Gothic pointed arch windows in 1411. After the Reformation the monastery was dissolved. From 1542, the Weida office used the empty church as a granary and stored the office grain here. The present name "Kornhaus" dates from this time.
In the middle of the 19th century the building was converted into a residential and commercial building. A wine shop and an inn were located here for a few years.
After the First World War, the city of Weida acquired the building and set up social housing in it, some of which were used until 1980.
In 1992, a large part of the roof structure collapsed during a storm.
The free-standing gables of the listed granary were then secured.
April 17, 2022
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!