Bike Touring Highlight
The old Plauer Bridge leads to the district Plaue and is considered a unique technical monument with its steel truss structure and its Art Nouveau railing. In December 1912, the first tram crossed the Plauer Bridge. In 2002, after completion of the new Plauer Bridge, the old bridge was closed to vehicular traffic.
August 12, 2018
The bridge is also known today as the Old Plauer Bridge, since a new bridge over the Havel was opened in 2002 and the Plauer Bridge was closed to vehicle traffic. The bridge connects Plaue with the Margarethenhof district.
The current steel bridge was built from 1903 to 1904 and has a length of 130 meters and a width of 10.7 meters. The road is paved, on the northern edge of the road was a tram track. At the end of the Second World War, the middle part of the bridge was destroyed. The bridge was rebuilt after the war. On September 28, 2002 the tram traffic over the bridge was stopped. The old now dilapidated bridge can be used by pedestrians and cyclists.
August 24, 2019
The Old Havel Bridge connects the western and eastern banks of the river at a narrow point where the Havel emerges from the Plauer See and continues north towards Rathenow and Havelberg. There was a bridge at this point as early as 1244. The Old Havel Bridge was built at the beginning of the 19th century by a Genthiner construction company under the direction of the Prussian government building council Born and put into service on October 15, 1904. After being blown up at the end of the Second World War, it was repaired and served through traffic on Bundesstraße 1 until 2002. Today, the listed building is mainly used by hikers and cyclists on the popular Havel cycle path.The bridge is 130 meters long and 10.70 meters wide and is one of the few remaining steel truss bridges in the water-rich region. With its characteristic semi-parabolic girders and the railings that take up the forms of Art Nouveau, it has a special architectural and art historical significance beyond Brandenburg-Plaue.Below the bridge is the Bornufer, a pier built in 1904 parallel to the bridge construction. It bears the name of the bridge builder and is an important public place for tourism in Plaue. From spring to autumn, water sports enthusiasts, cyclists, walkers, vacationers and locals meet here to enjoy the peace and quiet with a view of the water. The farm shop offers coffee, cake, drinks and other delicacies as well as souvenirs and plants.plaue-havel.de/sehenswuerdheiten
December 27, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.