The half-timbered house at Sulzbacher Straße 2 is probably the first public building in the town. Georg Gundelach had it built in 1705 together with the new "Spiegelhütte" (now Spiegelberg) as an "office building".
In addition to the hut tenant's apartment, the building also housed the administration, the warehouse, a room for the pastor and a parlor. As this was soon no longer sufficient, an annex was added to the south gable in 1779 with lateral galleries for 100 people attending church services.
After the glassworks went bankrupt in 1790, the office building was to be demolished to make room for a church. Fortunately, it was used as the seat of the estate administration until 1826. The church was finally able to buy the building from the bankruptcy of the glassworks and from then on used it as a rectory. With the consecration of today's church on October 20, 1844, the dilapidated church extension was removed and the south gable was rebuilt.
After the rectory had moved to a new building in the new development in 1981, the house was sold.
The house was extensively renovated in 2015. It is considered a building that defines the townscape and is a listed building.
August 30, 2020
The "Alte Amtshaus" is located in Spiegelberg in the Rems-Murr district, Baden-Württemberg.
- beautiful half-timbered house
- built in 1705
- Various renovations since the construction
- was also used as a parsonage
- Renovation in 2015
- is a listed building
September 4, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.