Bike Touring Highlight
In the 14th century, the Hoen von Müllenark families, later the Banritzer von Müllenark families, who lived in the castle, were no longer named as archbishop but as Jülich feudal people. After the death of the last Banritzer von Müllenark at the beginning of the 15th century, his brothers-in-law Dietrich von Langel and Johann von Eynenberg shared Müllenark and the land belonging to it. By marrying von Langel's daughter, Dietrich von Hanxler came into possession of half of the property in 1466.
Gerhard von Hanxler, Dietrich's son, was very important for the history of the property. He carried out important structural changes on Müllenark in the first half of the 16th century. The foundation walls of the main castle, which was built under his client, are still preserved today.
November 18, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.