The new TÜSCHENBROICH CASTLE in the district of the same name in the town of Wegberg was built in 1630 from the former outer bailey of a moated castle on site. This apparently resulted from the new construction of a former moth hill.
In the immediate vicinity there are a grain and an oil mill.lowland Motte
In the middle of the pond of the Tüschenbroich castle, the Kahnweiher, lies the lowland moth with remains of the old castle walls. It is 70 meters in diameter and 10 meters high. In 1172 an Alard von Tüschenbroich is mentioned as Gladbacher Ministeriale. It is still unclear whether it is related to our Tüschenbroich. Tüschenbroich was formerly under the control of Wassenberg and belonged to the Duchy of Jülich. In 1624 the old castle burned down on the moth.Tüschenbroich castle
The new castle was built on the site of the former outer bailey, of which only one wing remains today. The north tower has been completely preserved, the south tower as a ruin. The castle was built in 1630 by Count Franz von Spiering. His descendants sold the entire site to Hermann Josef Gormanns, a notary from Erkelenz. The former farm building was converted into a residential wing after the main house collapsed (1876). The Lord of Tüschenbroich had the wood power op Meynweyde with 1 voeder wood (1633).
December 27, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.