Bike Touring Highlight
Lüdersburg was first documented in 1234. Archaeological excavations indicate, however, that there were already 800 human settlements here. The origin of the name Lüdersburg probably comes from Lothar's castle.The community is known for the castle built in 1776 as a mansion, which has been owned by the Barons of Spörcken since the 18th century. The castle is today operated as a hotel with golf course, the golf course Schloss Lüdersburg. The entire center of Lüdersburg is a listed building. On aerial photos can still be seen that Lüdersburg must have been formerly a Rundlingsdorf.
March 16, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!