In earlier years there was a stone shelter, which was built in 1888 by the Preilippers in cooperation with the Thuringian Forest Association. The refuge, known as the "Preilipper Kuppe", was unfortunately almost completely destroyed by artillery fire in 1945. The remains of the ruin were later demolished for security reasons. Today there are only the last remains of stone on the top, but the great view remains.
April 14, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.