Bike Touring Highlight
Margrave Christian von Brandenburg-Bayreuth granted the place market rights in 1610. There were three manors in the village: the Seuckenreuth tower hill castle, the Oberhof and the Unterhof. The former office of the Prussian Principality of Bayreuth, which had been Prussian since 1792, fell to France in the Peace of Tilsit in 1807 and became part of Bavaria in 1810. The princes of Schönburg-Waldenburg owned the Unterhof manor at that time. They built Schwarzenbach Castle on the site of the manor. In 1844 Schwarzenbach an der Saale was raised to the status of a city by King Ludwig of Bavaria.
Source and further information
August 6, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.