Below the Marienschacht there is a good rest area with an excellent view of Dresden and in the north direction Westlausitz, left to the vineyards and right into the Saxon Switzerland free.To Marienschacht (abstract from de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marienschacht)
The Freiherrlich of Burgker hard coal plants began on June 12, 1885 at 307.8 m NN with the Teufen of the shaft, which had an oval cross-section.
In 1896, the 180m long connecting railway to the Hänichener Kohlenzweigbahn, which was financed by the Burgker Werke, was manufactured. Today, parts of the railway embankment of the former Windbergbahn serve as a pedestrian and bicycle path (see also de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windbergbahn).Since certain coal types Uranerz were leading, took over on 1 January 1968, the SDAG bismuth the pit and began with the promotion of the so-called ore. The uranium content averaged 0.124%.After the termination of the extraction work began on January 1, 1990, the safekeeping of the pit field and the shaft, and the subsequent flooding. The manhole was filled up, and the premises along with the heap were renovated by Wismut GmbH until 1999.
February 19, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!