Bike Touring Highlight
The monastery ruin Limburg, once the abbey "Zum heilgen Kreuz", is a former Benedictine monastery from the Middle Ages. The Romanesque-style complex exists only as a ruin. It is one of the largest and most important monuments of early Salal architecture. It was on August 30, 1504 by Count Emich IX. of Leiningen-Hardenburg burnt down during the Landshut War of Succession.
August 7, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!