Preserved ruins of a small clearing castle on a completely precipitous rock, 600 meters north of the castle Wartau. Visible are the foundations of the two-part palace and the Bering, as well as the brick abutment of the bridge, which once led across a deep gap to the castle gate. The builders of the plant are unknown. According to the small finds, the castle was built no later than the middle of the 12th century and abandoned around 1300. (from Burgenwelt.org)
Obviously, the castle was built on a geologically young partial slide.
December 30, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!