"To the north of Lübeck's town hall is the so-called Chancellery, then Schriverie, built in Gothic style in 1485. The construction period was five years and the building was extended to Mengstraße in 1588 and 1614. It was the seat of the notaries and From 1277 to 1863, they led the Lower Town Book, which today represents a significant source of history.
Inside the office building is the "Renaissance Hall" from 1612/1615, the former "Kommissstube" (courtroom) with rich paneling by Tönnies Evers d.J.
In the arcades of the basement, which were open until 1818, there were stalls in which Pelzer and Schuster had their shops and workshops. At the beginning of the 19th century, the passport and stamp office, the registry with the state archives and the office of the beer tasting were located in the chancellery.
Later, the building served as a police station.
November 25, 2016
Today, in the former office building, there is a stylish Viennese coffee house, where you can not only get coffee, cake and cakes, but also eat hearty snacks. On Sundays and on special holidays, a brunch buffet is offered. The rush is great and you better book before.
December 17, 2016
Following the plans of the Lübeck-based architect Klaus Mai, the urban society KWL undertook in 2005 careful renovations and extensive renovations to the historic office building in the heart of Lübeck's old town. The office building in Lübeck is an unusually long, narrow structure of 85 x 8 meters, which adjoins the gothic town hall immediately to the north and is connected to it by a bridge. The goal was to maintain the largest possible retail and marketing space with the least possible constructional and economic effort. The house was supposed to open to the "Breite Straße" in particular, thus enhancing the neighborly environment in the pedestrian zone.In continuous, on-site coordination with the preservation of monuments and the office for test statics the cultural-historical claims and static requirements of the historical building substance, whose origins go back to 1483, were considered. After the historical model, the arches that have been walled up since 1818 to Breiten Strasse were reopened and fitted with modern steel-glass elements. Behind this, the original use of the retail trade has taken place since October 2005. Upstairs, in addition to smaller office units, a literary café has been set up, which ia. uses the Adlersaal as a guest room. Only the large commission room remains - with an adjoining side room - in municipal administration. In the course of the reconstruction measures, extensive renovations were also carried out at the footsteps of the roof construction. In addition, the entire building installation was renewed and brought to the state of the art. A new lift also connects the two storeys of the building.In June 2006, the office building received the architectural award 2006 of the Kaufmannschaft zu Lübeck. In May 2007, the office building received the 2007 BDA Prize and the 2007 BDA Audience Award.kwl-luebeck.de/de/kanzleigebaeude
December 7, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.