The Dürscheider mill, which is first mentioned in a donation deed of Count Adolf von Berg in 1217, is still there today. The listed former mill building originates in its original form, which was modified in the 19th century, but from the year 1775. It was built by the brothers Henrich and Rütger Wirtz from Bornheim, as the inscription above the front door reveals. Until about 1900 was still running the mill, then the mill was used for agriculture until 1978. Since then she is a private house.
January 7, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.