Bike Touring Highlight
As early as 1893, the owner of the Grubmühl electrical plant near Westerham offered the city of Rosenheim the supply of electricity or later the entire plant for purchase. However, the large distance of the supply facility to the city of Rosenheim was a disadvantage.
After all, this offer in the city magistrate gave the impetus to consider building its own electricity plant.
At the suggestion of the then city architect Georg Mackert, the water power of the Mangfall from the outlet of the works canal of the Kolbermoor spinning mill to Mitterwöhr should be used by creating its own canal with a gradient of almost six meters. The turbine plant as the electrical center was planned at Oberwöhr. After approval by the municipal college in 1895, the project was transferred to Munich engineer Oskar von Miller for execution. With a total cost of three-quarters of a million marks, the first expansion of the Rosenheim electrical plant was completed at the end of 1896 and was put into operation.
July 25, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.