"The medieval brick church in Groß Zicker was built around 1400 after the monastery Eldena acquired the" Land Zicker "in 1360.
The church Groß Zicker is the oldest building on the peninsula Mönchgut.
The wars of the 17th and 19th centuries did no harm to the church and the interior of the church, with the five-sided, rib-ribbed choir and the flat-roofed nave. The furnishings dating back to the Middle Ages include the Altarmensa, the sacrament shrine (it was a single shrine) Hewn oak trunk) and a bell.
This bell is one of the oldest bells on the island of Rügen and bears the inscription "O rex glorie christe. Veni cum pace" (Christ, King of glory, come with peace) which was given more frequently in the Middle Ages.
Around 1653 the baroque pulpit was built, around 1864 the organ of the company Grüneberg from Szczecin and in 1868 the church candelabrum, which was donated by Thiessower pilot.
This chandelier carries inscriptions of former pilots who did their duty on the Thiessower pilot station.
Worth mentioning are also the sundials of the Putbusser C.Hintze, which are attached to the southern side and enrich the church of the Great Zicker at the beginning of the 20th century and the cemetery with historical grave sites adjacent to the church. "Source: ruegenmagic.de/Kirchen-Ruegen/ church-gross-zicker.htm
February 9, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.